- Remove the control arm from the vehicle.
- Scribe a matchmark on the control arm and rear bushing.
- Press out the old bushing.
- Install the rear bushing to the control arm, making sure to align the marks made during removal.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Loosen the wheel nuts.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the tire and wheel.
- Remove the bracket and remove the parking brake cable from the guide.
- Remove the ABS wheel speed sensor harness from the trailing link.
- As required, support the assembly before removing the trailing link.
- Remove the trailing link from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to use new bolts and nuts, as required.
- Tighten the trailing link retaining bolts to 89 ft. lbs (120 Nm).
- Tighten the parking brake cable bracket to 24 ft. lbs (33 Nm).
- Always fully tighten the rubber bushings when the wheels are in full contact with the ground and the vehicle is at curb height.
- Check and adjust the wheel alignment, as necessary.