Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the strut cap (of the quarter trim).
- Loosen the rear wheel lug nuts.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the tire and wheel.
- Remove the nut and detach the rear stabilizer link.
- Using a jack, support the shock absorber.
- Remove the bolts on the bottom of the shock absorber.
- Detach the rear lateral link.
- Remove the nuts that retain the shock absorber mount to the vehicle.
- Remove the shock absorber from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to use new bolts and nuts, as required.
- Always fully tighten the rubber bushings when the wheels are in full contact with the ground and the vehicle is at curb height.
- Check and adjust the wheel alignment, as necessary.
Testing & Inspection
- Check for oil leaks.
- Move the piston rod up and down to check that it operates smoothly without any hitch.
Piston rod play
Measure the play as follows: