Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Loosen the wheel nuts.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the tire and wheel.
- As required, support the assembly before removing the upper control arm.
- Remove the bolts. Remove the upper control arm from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to use new bolts and nuts, as required.
- Tighten the upper arm to rear sub frame retaining bolts to 111 ft. lbs (150 Nm).
- Tighten the upper arm to rear housing retaining bolts to 89 ft. lbs (120 Nm).
- Always fully tighten the rubber bushings when the wheels are in full contact with the ground and the vehicle is at curb height.
- Check and adjust the wheel alignment, as necessary.