This procedure must be performed prior to servicing any component of the fuel injection system.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the fuel pump fuse from the main fuse box.
- Start the engine and run until it stalls.
- Crank the engine for 5 seconds or more to ensure the fuel pressure is properly relieved. If the engine starts during this time, allow it to run until it stalls.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position. Remove the key.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel cap.