- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system. Remove the radiator.
Position a suitable tool on the belt tension assembly mounting bolt. Rotate the tool clockwise and loosen the drive belt. Remove the drive belt. Remove the drive belt cover.
NOTEUpon installation make sure that the automatic belt tensioner indicator, indicates proper belt alignment.
- Remove the front timing chain cover. Remove the timing chain assembly.
Remove the water pump retaining bolts. Remove the water pump from the engine.
NOTEIf the pump cannot be removed easily; screw in a bolt (A) to the threaded end and remove the water pump.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to use a new O ring. Apply engine coolant to the O ring, prior to installation.
- Torque the water pump retaining bolts to 60 inch lbs. (6.4 Nm).
- Fill the radiator with the proper grade and type engine coolant.
- Start the engine and check for leaks. Correct as required.