The fusible link is located next to the battery positive terminal. All current except for the starter motor flows through it. If excessive current flows through the fusible link the fusible metal melts, thus breaking the circuit and protecting the electrical equipment from damage.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Cut the damaged fuse link from the wiring harness and discard it. If the fuse link is one of three circuits feed by a single feed wire, cut it out of harness at each splice end and discard.
- Identify and obtain proper fuse link and butt connectors for attaching the fuse link to the harness.
- Strip away approximately 1 / 2 in. of insulation from the two wiring ends. Attach the replacement fuse link to stripped wire ends with two proper size butt connectors.
- Solder the connectors and wires and insulate with electrical tape.