REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the engine and transaxle from the vehicle as previously described.
- Separate the engine from the transaxle and place the engine on a suitable stand.
- On models with manual transaxle, remove the clutch cover and clutch disc.
Be careful not to let oil, grease or coolant contact the clutch disc.
- Install a flywheel stopper (MT), or drive plate stopper (AT), to lock the flywheel or drive plate.
- Remove the retaining bolts that secure the flywheel (MT), or drive plate (AT), and remove them from the cylinder block.
- Install the flywheel or driveplate and tighten the retaining bolts to 30-33 ft.lbs. (40-44 Nm) for the flywheel, 36-39 ft. lbs. (48-52 Nm) for the driveplate, on all 1970-84 1600 engines. On all other engines tighten the flywheel or driveplate to 51-55 ft. lbs. (69-74 Nm).