REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The thermostat is located on the top of the intake manifold, at the right side of the engine.
- If necessary, remove the spare tire to gain working clearance.
- Position a clean drain pan under the radiator, remove the drain plug and the radiator cap, then drain the cooling system to a level below the thermostat.
- If necessary, remove the air cleaner assembly, with it's hoses, brackets and wing nut.
- Remove the thermostat housing-to-intake manifold bolts, lift the cover and discard the gasket.
- Remove the thermostat; be sure to note it's mounting position.
- Using a putty knife, clean the gasket mounting surfaces. Check and/or replace the thermostat (if necessary).
- Install a new gasket, using sealant (if necessary) and the thermostat.
- Install the housing and fasten the housing-to-intake manifold bolts.
- If removed install the air cleaner assembly, hoses, brackets, and wing nut.
- Refill the cooling system and check for leaks.