REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Do not allow dirt to enter either intake or outlet openings, or the unit may be destroyed at start up.
- Loosen clamps and remove the air intake duct (leading from the air cleaner to the intake of the flowmeter).
- Loosen the clamps at either end and at the vacuum hose connector, and remove flowmeter boot (connecting the flowmeter to the turbocharger intake).
- Remove the mounting bolts from the turbocharger exhaust outlet. Separate the pipe from the turbocharger.
- Back off the clamp and for the turbocharger drain hose.
- Disconnect the oil supply line from the top of the turbocharger.
- Then, loosen and remove the three turbocharger mounting bolts and remove the turbocharger and gasket from the exhaust manifold, disconnecting the drain hose at the same time.
- Install the turbocharger using a new gasket.
- Connect the oil supply line and tighten the bolts to 8-13 ft. lbs. (10-17 Nm).
- Install the clamp for the turbocharger drain hose.
- Install the turbocharger exhaust outlet and fasten the mounting bolts to 31-38 ft. lbs. (42-51 Nm).
- Install the flowmeter boot and fasten the clamps at the vacuum hose connector.
- Install the air intake duct and fasten the clamps.