REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
This procedure applies to turbocharged vehicles only
- Remove turbocharger covers A and B.
- Disconnect the O 2 sensor connector.
- Remove the flange nuts which hold the center exhaust pipe to turbocharger unit.
Before removing the flange nuts, allow the turbocharger unit and exhaust pipe to cool off and spray CRC 5-56 on the nuts.
- Remove the flange nuts from the transaxle side.
- Disconnect the center and rear exhaust pipes.
- Disconnect the center exhaust pipe from the bracket located on the lower side of the transaxle.
- Remove the center exhaust pipe from the body.
Do not allow the turbocharger cover mounting bracket to interfere with the brake pipe cover located in the front toeboard. Be sure not to damage the steering universal joint. Do not damage the gasket used on the lower side of the turbocharger unit or turbocharger cover.
- Install the gasket onto the stud bolts on the turbocharger unit. Connect the center exhaust pipe flange and temporarily tighten it with nuts.
Be sure not to damage the gasket used on the lower side of the turbocharger unit and turbocharger cover. Use only nuts and bolts designed by the manufacturer and be sure to install a new gasket.
- Temporarily connect the center exhaust pipe and bracket located on the transaxle side.
- Temporarily connect the center and rear exhaust pipes, and center exhaust pipe to the bracket located on the lower side of the transaxle with new nuts.
- Tighten the nuts and bolts at the turbocharger unit bracket, (on the transaxle side) and the bracket (on the lower side of the transaxle), in that order, to specified torque.
Gasket used between the center and rear exhaust pipes may be reused if not removed. When a new center exhaust pipe is installed, replace the old gasket with a new one.
- Install turbocharger covers A and B.