REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the O 2 sensor harness.
- Remove the air duct from the upper shell cover.
- Loosen (do not remove) the nuts which hold the front exhaust pipe to the exhaust port of the engine.
- Disconnect the front and rear exhaust pipes.
- Disconnect the front exhaust pipe and bracket.
- While holding the front exhaust pipe with one hand, remove the nuts which hold the front exhaust pipe to the exhaust port. The front exhaust pipe can then be disconnected.
- During installation, do not tighten any connections more than hand-tight until the entire exhaust system has been installed.
Be sure to install a new gasket at the exhaust port. Use only nuts specified by the manufacturer. Do not remove the gasket placed between the front and rear exhaust pipes. When the front exhaust pipe needs to be replaced, the gasket must be replaced also.
- Remove turbocharger covers A and B, and disconnect the center exhaust pipe. Remove the turbocharger unit.
- Remove the nuts which hold the turbocharger bracket to the front exhaust pipe.
- Remove underguard and right undercover.
- Loosen the engine mount bracket and pitching stopper. Then slightly raise the engine until the bolts protrude beyond the surface of the crossmember.
- Disconnect the front exhaust pipe from the engine exhaust port, and remove through the clearance between the crossmember and the cylinder head.
Do not damage power steering pipe which is located along the crossmember. Be sure to remove the bolts only after the engine has cooled off. Before disassembling parts, spray CRC® 5-56 or equivalent on them.
- Install the gasket onto the stud bolts at the engine's exhaust port with its flat surface facing the engine. If the gasket is tilted, it may catch on a thread and then will not drop down over the bolt.
Be sure to install a new gasket.
- Temporarily tighten the front exhaust pipe to engine's exhaust port with the nuts.
Use only nuts designed by the manufacturer. Be sure to install a new gasket on the inlet of the turbocharger.
- Lower the engine. Tighten the engine mount bracket and properly adjust the pitching stopper.
- Install the underguard and right undercover.
- Connect the front exhaust pipe to the turbocharger bracket.
- Properly tighten the front exhaust pipe at the engine's exhaust port.
- Connect the O 2 sensor connector.
- Install the turbocharger unit, center the exhaust pipe and turbocharger covers A and B.