REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the clips from the trim panel using Clip Puller (925580000) or equivalent and detach the trim panel. Be careful not to damage the clips or their holes.
- Unfasten the connector from the rear gate defogger terminal. Do not pull the lead wire, but unlock the connector and disengage.
- Disengage the wiper connector and rear washer hose.
- Unlock the connector and disengage from rear gate door switch. Do not pull the lead wire.
- Disengage the license lamp connector.
- Disengage the high mount stop lamp connector, if applicable
- Disengage the auto door lock actuator connector.
- If the disengaged harness is re-used, tie connector with a string and place on the upper side of the rear gate for ready use.
- Remove the rear wiper arm, the cap and nut.
- Detach the trim panel, unfasten the bolt from the rear wiper and remove the wiper.
- Completely open the rear gate.
- Remove the bolts which secure the gas stay to the rear gate.
- Remove trim side rail, and unfasten roof trim clips as far as the center pillar.
- Hang roof trim down to prevent it from bending.
- Remove the nuts which hold the hinge with a ratchet wrench placed between the roof trim and the car body, and detach the hinge.
- Remove the rear gate.
- Position the rear gate onto the roof hinge.
- Install the rear gate retaining nuts and tighten securely.
- Position the roof trim and secure it using the retaining clips.
- Install the trim side rails.
- Install the gas stays to the rear gate and tighten the retaining bolts.
- Close the rear gate and install the rear wiper, trim panel and wiper arm.
- Connect the wiring harness to the rear wiper system.
- Engage the auto door lock actuator connector.
- Engage the license lamp connector.
- Engage the high mount stop lamp connector.
- Connect the rear gate door switch.
- Engage the wiper connector and rear washer hose.
- Engage the connector to the rear gate defogger terminal.
- Position the rear gate trim panel and install the retaining clips.
- Fold the left and right rear backrest forward.
- Remove the shoulder anchors of the left and right front seat belts.
- Remove the left and right tonneau cover levers.
- Remove the left and right rear quarter upper trim.
- Remove the rear skirt trim.
- Remove the rear quarter rear trim panel.
- Using Clip Puller (925580000) or equivalent, remove the clips which secure the rear gate trim panel.
- Remove the trim panel.
- Disengage the gas stay harness connector from the rear gate.
- Remove the stud bolts which secure gas stay to rear gate.
- Remove the rear rail trim panel.
- With a wrench inserted into the access hole, loosen the nuts which secure the hinge and remove the rear gate from the roof panel.
- Position the rear gate onto the hinges and tighten the retaining nuts.
- Install the rear trim panel.
- Install the gas stays to the rear gate and tighten the stud bolts.
- Connect the gas stay harness to the rear gate.
- Position the rear gate trim panel onto the rear gate and install the retainer clips.
- Install the rear quarter, left and right upper and skirt trim.
- Install the left and right tonneau cover levers.
- Install the shoulder anchors of the left and right front seat belts.
- Raise the left and right rear backrest.
- Open the trunk lid and mark the hinge to trunk lid position.
- Unfasten the trunk lid mounting bolts and remove the trunk lid from the hinges.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Make sure to line up the marks on the trunk lid with the hinges during installation.
Tailgate, Hatch and Trunk lid
Remove the glass stay, striker and buffer, and loosen bolts on hinges securing the back door to the body. Then adjust the clearance at the top of the end gate and the roof of the body to 0.31-0.47 in. (8.0-12mm) Side clearance should be 0-0.059 in. (0-1.5mm). Bottom of end gate to body clearance should be 0.27-0.0.15 in. (6.9-3.9mm) . Install the glass stay, striker and buffer and tighten the hinge bolts.Striker
Loosen the striker mounting bolt, and adjust sideward alignment so that center of latch lines up with the center of striker. Be sure to adjust striker so that it engages latch in full lock position.
To vertically align latch and striker, adjust so that back door latch and striker do not interfere with each other. Move the door up and down to make sure that it opens and closes properly.