REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
ff-1 and 1300G
- Raise the vehicle and support it with jackstands.
- Loosen the ride height adjusting cam retainer.
- Remove the shock absorber upper retaining nuts.
- Flatten the locktab, and remove the upper ball joint upper nut.
- Remove both torsion bar lockbolts and nuts at the adjuster arm and the upper control arm.
- Rotate the upper control arm away from the ball joint, and then down, to fully relax the torsion bar.
- Remove the adjuster arm, and slide the torsion bar out.
- To install the torsion bar, reverse Steps 1 through 6.
- Do not interchange torsion bars side-to-side.
Index the missing tooth on the torsion bar splines with the double tooth on the anchor arm. Following installation, adjust ride height.