REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The water control valve may be replaced without removing the heater unit from the car.
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Drain the engine coolant through the radiator drain plug.
- Disconnect the heater hoses in the engine compartment.
- Remove the rubber grommet that the heater hoses pass through on the kick panel inside the car. The location is slightly above and to the right of the accelerator pedal.
- Remove the dash panel on the driver's side.
- Remove the left defroster duct.
- Remove the two screws that secure the control valve cover. One screw is located on the top, the other in the center of the cover.
- Disconnect the control rod.
- Loosen the hose clamps and remove the heater hoses.
- Unfasten the three screws holding the water control in place and remove the valve.
- Install the water control valve and tighten the three retaining screws securely.
- Connect the heater hoses and tighten the hose clamps.
- Connect the heater control rod.
- Position the heater control valve cover and tighten the retaining screws.
- Install the defroster ducts.
- Install the dash panel.
- Install the heater hose rubber grommets and connect the heater hoses.
- Fill the radiator with coolant.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.