REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The ignition switch is installed on the steering column on some models and on the dash on others. For steering column and switches refer to . A steering column lock mechanism is provided on all models. To remove the dash mounted ignition switch perform the following procedures.
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Disengage the electrical connection.
- Pull the key plate out of the ignition. The key plate can only be removed in the LOCK position.
- Remove the ignition switch.
- Install the ignition switch.
- Engage the electrical connection and install the key plate.
- Connect the negative battery cable.