REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Refer to the rear halfshaft removal and installation procedures in this section and remove the halfshaft.
- From the inner arm housing, remove the oil seal.
- From outside the housing, insert the spindle and extract the inner bearing's outer race and the spacer. Using an arbor press and the spindle, push the outer bearing's inner race from the housing.
- Using an arbor press, press the inner bearing's inner race from the spindle.
- Clean, inspect and/or replace the necessary parts.
- Using an arbor press, install the inner bearing's inner race onto the spindle and the outer races (inner and outer bearings) into the housing.
- Inside the housing, grease the bearing outer race.
- Using an arbor press and a piece of 35mm pipe, insert the spindle from the inside and press the outer bearing's inner race from outside.
- Using tool No. 925550000 or equivalent, tighten the axle shaft ring nut to 127-163 ft. lbs. (172-220 Nm) Using a punch and a hammer, stake the ring nut, facing the ring nut groove.
- Using the Oil Seal Installation tool No. 925530000 or equivalent, and a new oil seal, install a new oil seal into the housing.
- To complete the installation, use new spring pins and reverse the removal procedures.
- Tighten the backing plate-to-axle housing bolts to 34-43 ft. lbs. (46-58 Nm).
- Tighten the axle spindle-to-axle housing nut to 145 ft. lbs. (196 Nm) and the shock absorber-to-inner arm bolt to 65-87 ft. lbs. (88-117 Nm).
- Bleed the brake system.
After tightening the rear axle halfshaft-to-axle housing nut, tighten the axle shaft nut 30 degrees further.