REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the vehicle and support it with jackstands.
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove the brake drum and the brake shoes from the backing plate.
- Disconnect and plug the fluid line for the wheel cylinder at the backing plate.
- Remove the wheel cylinder from the backing plate by unscrewing the attaching bolts.
- Remove the rubber boots from both ends of the wheel cylinder, then push out the inner pistons and spring together with the rubber cups.
- Inspect the inside of the wheel cylinder bore. If it is worn or scratched in any way, it should be honed with a wheel cylinder hone or a piece of crocus cloth until the scratches are removed.
- Replace the rubber cups with new ones. The internal replacement parts are usually supplied in a wheel cylinder rebuilding kit.
- Reassemble the wheel cylinder and replace it on the backing plate in the reverse order of removal.
- After reinstalling the brake line and the brake assembly, together with the brake drum, bleed the brake system.