REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Loosen the rear wheel lug nuts.
- Raise and support the rear of the vehicle with jackstands; position the jackstands under the crossmember.
- Remove the wheel/tire assemblies.
- Remove the shock absorber/strut-to-inner arm nut/bolt and separate the shock absorber/strut from the inner arm.
- If equipped with 4WD, perform the following procedures:
- Using a 6mm pin punch, drive the spring pins from the halfshaft-to-axle shaft and the halfshaft-to-differential assembly.
- While pushing downward on the inner arm, separate the halfshaft from the axle shaft.
- Pull the halfshaft from the differential and position it out of the way.
- Disconnect and plug the brake hose from the brake pipe on each inner arm.
- Remove the outer arm-to-inner arm nuts/bolts, then separate the inner arm from the outer arm and support the inner arm with a jackstand.
- Remove the inner arm-to-crossmember nut/bolt and the inner arm from the vehicle.
- Use new spring pins (4WD) and reverse the above process.
- Torque the inner arm-to-crossmember nuts/bolts to 54-69 ft. lbs. (73-93 Nm) and the inner arm-to-outer arm bolts to 87-108 ft. lbs. (117-146 Nm).
- Torque the shock absorber-to-inner arm nut/bolt to 65-87 ft. lbs. (88-117 Nm).
- Bleed the brake system. Check and/or adjust the rear vehicle height and the rear wheel alignment.