REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative (-) battery cable.
- Remove the horn lead from the wiring harness which is located beneath the instrument panel.
- Working from behind the steering wheel, remove the two or three (depending upon the number of spokes) horn assembly retaining screws.
- On ff-1 and 1300G models, depress the horn bar as far as you can, and slide it away from the wheel.
- On all other models, lift the crash pad assembly off the front of the wheel.
- Matchmark the steering wheel and the column for installation.
- Remove the steering wheel retaining nut and remove the wheel from the column with a puller.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Index the matchmarks and torque the retaining nut to 20-29 ft. lbs. (27-39 Nm).
Do not hammer on the steering wheel or the steering column. Damage to the collapsible column could result.