Removal & Installation
Do not allow fluid to get on painted surfaces.
- Clean around master cylinder reservoir cap and take out fluid with syringe or such.
- Disconnect fluid hose (5) from slave cylinder by loosing union bolt (4).
Remove operating cylinder attaching bolts (2) and slave cylinder assembly (1).
NOTEFor air bleeding of master cylinder alone, it must be removed from vehicle body. (For procedures of removal and installation of master cylinder assembly and air bleeding, refer to master cylinder.)
Apply small amount of grease to rod tip.
NOTEDon-t allow any grease to be on boot.
- Install clutch slave cylinder assembly (1) and tighten attaching bolts (2) to (a) 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
Connect clutch fluid hose (4) and tighten union bolt (3) to (b) 17 ft. lbs (23 Nm).
NOTEDo not reuse gaskets.
- Fill master cylinder reservoir with specified brake fluid and check for fluid leakage.
- After installation, bleed air from system.
- Check clutch pedal free travel and clutch release margin.