- Disconnect negative cable at battery.
- Remove condenser cooling fan (if equipped with A/C).
- Disconnect connector of radiator cooling fan motor.
Remove radiator cooling fan motor (1) from radiator (2).
Reverse removal procedure for installation.
5- & 6-Cylinder Engines
- Disconnect ground cable of battery.
Remove the skid plate:
NOTEThere is a guide sleeve on the upper mounting for the plate. This must be lifted slightly so that the panel can be slid forward.
Loosen the six bolts and remove
Remove the right charge air hose:
Undo the clamp (1)
Undo the mounting bolts so that the radiator assembly is lowered approximately
NOTEDo not remove the bolts completely.
- Undo the radiator connector and tie straps.
Move aside the cable harness.
- Remove the bolts of the engine cooling fan mounting.
- Detach the hose of the expansion tank from the clip on the engine cooling fan.
- Pull the fan upward to release it from the lower mounting.
- Remove fan through lower part of vehicle.
Installation is the reverse of the removal process.
NOTEMake sure the hood cable is not pinched when the fan is installed.
- Tighten the two M6 bolts of the engine cooling fan mounting to 88 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Tighten the two M8 mounting bolts of the radiator assembly to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Install the charge air hose to the charge air cooler and tighten the two M5 bolts (2) to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the skid plate and tighten the six M10 bolts to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Connect the battery cable and tighten to 22 inch lbs. (3 Nm).