Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Disconnect the oil pressure sensor electrical connector.
- Position a drain pan under the sensor to catch any spilled engine oil.
- Remove the oil pressure sensor.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Apply Loctite 5900 or equivalent to the threaded area.
NOTEDo not over-tighten the oil pressure sensor.
- Torque oil pressure sensor to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
Clear any Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) if applicable.
- Inspect Oil Pressure Sensor connector connection, check terminal for poor connections, loose wires, bent, broken, or corroded pins, and then verify that the connector is securely fastened.
- Check the continuity between the terminal and body of sensor with an ohmmeter. If there is no continuity, replace the oil pressure sensor.