Before starting engine, place transmission gear shift lever in -Neutral-, and set parking brake.
- 09930-76420 (Suzuki scan tool)
Detach timing hole cover (1).
- Connect SUZUKI scan tool.
- Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
- Make sure that all of electrical loads except ignition are switched off.
- Check to be sure that idle speed is within specification of 750 + / - 50 RPM.
- Fix ignition timing by using -FIXED SPARK- mode of SUZUKI scan tool.
- Set timing light to No.1 ignition coil harness.
Using timing light, check that timing is within specification. Initial ignition timing fixed with Suzuki scan tool. 5
1° BTDC (at idle speed). Ignition order: 1-3-4-2.
Timing mark on clutch housingTiming mark (BTDC 5°)
Timing mark on torque converter housingTiming mark (BTDC 5°)