- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the panel for the center console on the left-hand side.
- Locate the adjustment for the parking brake (1).
- Remove the retaining clip.
- Screw the socket clockwise to increase brake pressure when pedal is depressed.
- Install the clip.
- Depress the brake pedal to the first notch. Press out the adjustment using the adjustment rod: 951 2947.
Test the parking brake.
NOTEFull effect can be obtained between the second and fifth ratchet teeth.
- Install the panel for the center console on the left-hand side.
Make sure for the following conditions before cable adjustment.
No air is trapped in brake system.
Brake pedal travel is proper.
Brake pedal has been depressed a few times with about 300 N (30 kg, 66 lbs) load.
Parking brake lever (1) has been pulled up a few times with about 200 N (20 kg, 44 lbs) load. If parking brake cable is replaced with new one, pull up parking brake lever a few times with about 110 lbs (500 Nm) force.
Rear brake shoes are not worn beyond limit, and self adjusting mechanism operates properly.
After confirming that the conditions are all satisfied, adjust parking brake lever stroke by loosening or tightening adjust nut (3).
NOTECheck brake drum for dragging after adjustment. Parking brake stroke (when lever is pulled up at 44 lbs. (200 N).