Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Remove the rear brake drums,
- Remove the upper and lower springs from the brake shoes.
- Remove the anti-rattle spring and brake shoe adjustment strut.
- Remove the primary and secondary brake shoe hold-down springs and remove the shoes from vehicle.
- Remove the clip securing the parking brake shoe lever to the secondary shoe.
- Install the clip securing the parking brake shoe lever to the secondary shoe.
- Install the primary and secondary brake shoes to the vehicle and secure with the hold-down springs.
- Install the brake adjustment strut and anti-rattle spring.
- Install the upper and lower return springs to the primary and secondary brake shoes.
- Install the brake drum
- Install the wheels.
- Press the brake pedal 3-5 times to adjust the brake shoe clearance.
- Adjust the parking brake cable.