Removal & Installation
- Raise the car.
- Remove the wheels.
- Install tensioner 999 5659. See the tensioner installation material under -Rear Shock Absorber-.
- Remove position sensor for Bi-Xenon lamps.
The bolt for the mounting for the lateral link
- Lower the control arm with the tensioner. The spring is now unloaded.
- Lower the tensioner. Twist the tensioner so that it is positioned along the length of the car.
- Press the control arm down by hand. Remove the spring.
- Install the new spring.
Check that the spring is correctly installed in the lower spring seat.
Lift the removed control arm by hand. Position the tensioner in the rails.
NOTEThe tensioner must be positioned as far out as possible on the tensioner plates to achieve the correct lifting force.
- Lift the control arms so that the bolt for the control arm and lateral link can be installed. Align the bolt. Tighten by hand. Do not tighten yet.
- Lower the tensioner. Install the bolt in the lower mounting for the shock absorber. Do not tighten yet.
- Tension the control arms to the normal position.
- Tighten the bolts for the control arm, lateral link and shock absorber. M12
- Install the position sensor for Bi-Xenon lamps. .
- Remove the tensioner.
Install the wheel.
NOTEIf the car is equipped with Bi-Xenon lamps, the position sensor must be calibrated.
For coil spring service on the Aerio and Verona, refer to the strut removal and installation procedure.