- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Wait for a least 1 minute for the air bag system to deplete its energy before working on any part the instrument panel.
- Drain the cooling system into a clean container for reuse.
- Remove the instrument panel.
Remove the blend door (mode) actuator by performing the following procedure:
Disconnect the mode actuator connector.
Install the blend door (mode) actuator by performing the following procedure:
Install the actuator to the heater housing.
- Install the instrument panel.
- Refill the cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Operate the engine to normal operating temperatures; then, check the climate control operation and check for leaks.