Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Clean around reservoir cap and take out fluid with syringe or such.
- Disconnect fluid hose from clutch operating cylinder.
Remove operating cylinder attaching bolts and operating cylinder.
- Apply small amount of grease to rod tip. Don-t allow any grease to be on boot.
- Install clutch operating cylinder and tighten attaching bolts to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
- Connect clutch fluid hose and tighten bolt to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
- Fill reservoir with specified brake fluid and check for fluid leakage.
- After installation, bleed air from system.
Check clutch pedal free travel as follows:
- Depress clutch pedal, stop the moment clutch resistance is felt, and measure how much pedal has moved (clutch pedal free travel) as represented by -d- in the figure.
- Then check its conformance to specification. Specification (-d-) should measure 0.24-0.51 inch (6-13mm)
- If -d- is not within specification, check pedal arm and master cylinder and replace defective part.