Be careful when handling the sensor. Damage to the sensor can and will affect the operation of the fuel delivery system.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the sensor.
- Remove the engine coolant temperature sensor from the thermostat housing. To install
- Clean mating surfaces of ECT sensor (1) and thermostat case.
- Check O-ring for damage and replace if necessary.
- Thread the new sensor into the housing and torque to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Connect the electrical connector to the sensor.
- Fill the coolant system with a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and water.
- Connect the negative battery cable.