1.3L And 1.6L Engines
- Place transmission gear shift lever in -Neutral- (Shift selector lever to -P- range for A/T model), set parking brake, and block drive wheels.
Disconnect injector connectors and ignition coil connectors(3).
WARNINGWithout disconnection of injector connectors, combustible gas may come out from spark plug holes during this test and may get ignited in engine room.
- Remove spark plugs and check them for condition and type.
- If OK, connect ignition coil connectors to ignition coil assemblies (1) and connect spark plugs to ignition coil assemblies and high-tension cords (2). Ground spark plug by making thread part of each spark plug in contact with cylinder head cover.
- Crank engine and check if all spark plugs spark.
- If no spark is emitted, inspect the related parts.
- After checking, install spark plugs and ignition coil assemblies.
- Connect injector connectors.
Disconnect injector connector.
WARNINGWithout disconnection of injector connector, combustible gas may come out from spark plug holes during this test and may get ignited in engine room.
- Disconnect ignition coil connector(s).
- Remove ignition coil bolt(s), and then pull out ignition coil(s).
- Remove spark plug(s).
- Connect ignition coil connector to ignition coil and connect spark plug to ignition coil.
- Ground them.
- Crank engine and check if each spark plug sparks.
- If no spark is emitted, inspect spark plugs, ignition coils, CMP sensor, igniter, etc.
- Install spark plug(s).
- Install ignition coil(s) securely.
- Tighten ignition coil bolt(s), and then connect ignition coil connector(s).
- Install ignition coil cover.
- Connect injector connector.