Removal & Installation
1.3L And 1.6L Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect negative cable at battery.
- Remove right side of engine under cover.
- Remove A/C compressor, P/S pump and drive belt with hoses still attached, if equipped. Suspend removed A/C compressor and/or P/S pump at a place where no damage will be caused during removal and installation of front timing belt cover.
- Support engine by using lifting device.
Remove air cleaner case with air cleaner outlet hose.
- Remove engine right mounting bracket and stiffener.
- Remove water pump pulley and drive belt.
- Remove crankshaft pulley.
- Release harness clamps.
Remove timing belt front cover.
- Install timing belt outside cover and tighten bolts to 8 ft. lbs. (11 Nm). Before installing, make sure that seal is between water pump and oil pump case.
- Install crankshaft pulley.
- Clamp harness securely.
- Install water pump pulley and drive belt. Tighten the water pump pulley bolt to 8 ft. lbs. (11 Nm).
- Install engine right mounting bracket and stiffener and tighten right mounting bracket bolt to 40 ft. lbs. (55 Nm)
- Install air cleaner case with air cleaner outer hose.
- Remove lifting device.
- Install A/C compressor and/or P/S pump.
- Adjust drive belt tension.
- Adjust P/S pump belt tension or A/C compressor belt tension, if equipped.
- Connect negative cable at battery.