Diagnosis & Testing
- Remove the power mirror motor.
- Apply battery voltage to terminals of the motor connector.
- Check that the motor operates, changing mirror position.
- If the motor does not operate, replace the motor.
- Gently pry off the inner mirror garnish.
- Remove the screw and inner mirror garnish.
- Disconnect wiring connector to mirror.
- Remove screws and mirror assembly from door.
- Remove outer mirror bezel from door and gasket from mirror.
- Install gasket to mirror and bezel to door.
- Install mirror assembly to door and secure with screws.
- Connect wiring connector to mirror.
- Install inner mirror bezel to door and secure with screw.
- Snap inner mirror garnish into place.
This switch may be by itself, or part of a switch cluster assembly. In any case, the procedure still applies.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove any retaining screws, if equipped.
- Using a screwdriver, pry out the power mirror switch. Tape the screwdriver tip before use.
- Disconnect the connector.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.