Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Raise and safely support the front of the vehicle securely on jackstands.
- Remove stabilizer link nuts, washers and cushions. If necessary, when loosening link nut, hold stud with wrench.
- Remove stabilizer mount brackets.
- Remove stabilizer.
- Remove stabilizer joints from stabilizer. If necessary, when loosening joint nut, hold stud with wrench.
- Loosely assemble all components in reverse order of removal.
For correct installation of stabilizer bar, side-to-side, be sure that color paint (2) on stabilizer bar aligns with mount bushing (1), both right and left, as shown. Then tighten mount bracket bolts (a) to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
NOTEIf painted mark has gone, align the vehicle center and the center of stabilizer bar.
- Tighten stabilizer link nut (b) to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm) and link nut (c) to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm). If necessary, when tightening, hold stud with wrench. Use new nuts for stabilizer link nut.