- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel pump and sending gauge assembly from the fuel tank.
While opening snap-fit part, separate the fuel level sending unit from the fuel pump assembly by sliding it down. Be careful not to deform float arm, it may cause fuel level gauge to fail.
- Install the fuel level sending unit to the fuel pump assembly. Fit protrusion of fuel level sending unit in groove in bracket sub-assembly and slide it up until snap-fit parts fit lugs of bracket sub-assembly securely.
- Install the fuel pump and fuel level sending unit assembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable.