Diagnosis & Testing
- Remove the power window motor.
- Apply battery voltage to terminals 1 and 2 of the motor connector.
- Check that the motor rotates smoothly.
- Connect the positive (+) lead from the battery to terminal 1 and the negative (-) lead to terminal 2.
- Check that the motor turns clockwise.
- Then, reverse the polarity, check that the motor turns the opposite way (counterclockwise).
- If the motor does not turn replace the motor.
Motor & Regulator
- Remove the window.
- Pull water deflector far enough away from door to gain access to the regulator retaining screws.
- Remove retaining screws from the regulator.
- Remove the regulator through the large opening in the door.
- Apply multipurpose grease to all lubrication and sliding points.
- Install regulator to door and secure with screws. Position water deflector back to its normal position.
- Install the window.
This switch may be by itself, or part of a switch cluster assembly. In any case, the procedure still applies.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove any retaining screws, if equipped.
- Using a screwdriver, pry out the power window regulator switch. Tape the screwdriver tip before use.
- Disconnect the connector.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.