Power Door Locks
Diagnosis & Testing
- Remove the power door lock motor.
- Apply battery voltage to terminals 1 and 2 of the motor connector.
- Connect the positive (+) lead from the battery to one terminal and the negative (-) lead to the other terminal then, reverse the polarity.
- The door lock motor should move between the lock and unlock positions..
- If the motor does not do this, replace the motor.
Door Lock Motor
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the door panel and unclip the outer sealing strip from door.
- Remove the door trim bracket.
- Disconnect the seat belt retractor electrical connector.
- Remove the seat belt retractor and seat belt assembly from the door.
- Remove the water deflector.
- Remove the door glass.
- Remove the rear window guide channel as required.
- Remove the lock assembly switch electrical connector.
- Remove the handle rod and lock rod from the door lock.
- Remove the door lock assembly from the door.
- Remove the lock striker from the door panel.
- Install the lock striker and secure with screws. Adjust the lock striker to door distance to 0.51-0.59 in. (13-15 mm) by installing or removing shims.
- Install the door lock assembly and secure with screws. Adjust the striker up and down measurement so that the striker shaft aligns with the center of the door lock.
- Install the outside handle rod and outside handle lock rod. Adjust the lock rod distance to 0-0.08 in. (0-2 mm).
- Connect the lock assembly switch electrical connector.
- Install the rear window guide channel as required.
- Install the door glass.
- Install the water deflector.
- Install the seat belt retractor and seat belt assembly to the door. Tighten seat belt retractor assembly nut, bolts, and seat belt anchor to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Connect the seat belt retractor electrical connector.
- Install the door trim bracket.
- Install the door panel and attach the outer sealing strip to door.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Remove window regulator handle (if equipped). For its removal, pull off snap by using a cloth as shown in the figure.
- Remove door mirror garnish, clips, and door trim mounting screw.
- Remove inside handle assembly mounting screw, and remove inside handle assembly from door trim by sliding it forward.
- Remove door trim panel.
- Disconnect power window switch connector, and remove power window switch from the interior door panel.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.