Check to make sure that engine coolant temperature is cold before removing any part of cooling system.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system.
Disconnect connector of cooling fan motor lead wire.
- On Esteem models, remove front grill (1) by removing its clips (2).
- Disconnect radiator inlet and outlet hoses, and reservoir tank hose.
- With automatic transmission (A/T) vehicle, disconnect additional 2 fluid hoses from radiator. Place some container under radiator to receive A/T fluid which will flow out when hose is disconnected.
Remove radiator and cooling fan motor.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedures.
- Refill cooling system with proper coolant.
- With automatic transmission vehicle, fill A/T fluid up to specified level.
- After installation, check each joint for leakage.