Removal & Installation
- Hoist vehicle and remove stabilizer bar nuts (right and left).
- Remove stabilizer bar brackets and stabilizer bar.
When installing stabilizer, loosely assemble all components while insuring that stabilizer is centered, side-to-side. Refer to the figure for its check.
NOTEFor correct installation of stabilizer bar, side-to-side, be sure that color paint on stabilizer bar aligns with mount bush, both right and left.
- Install parts by reversing -Removal- procedure.
Torque stabilizer nuts and bolts to the following specification.
Stabilizer nut a: 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm)
- For installing directions (and position) of mount bushes and washers, refer to the figure.
- Hoist vehicle and remove rear wheels.
- Remove stabilizer link nuts. Then remove stabilizer joints from stabilizer bar. When loosening link nut and joint nut, hold stud with wrench.
- Remove stabilizer mount brackets.
- Remove stabilizer bar.
- Loosely assemble all components in reverse order of removal.
With painted mark on stabilizer bar and end face of mount bushing aligned, tighten mount bracket bolts to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
NOTEIf painted mark has faded out, align the vehicle center and the center of stabilizer bar.
Tighten each nut to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm). When tightening, hold stud with wrench.
NOTEUse new nuts.