- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the starter motor assembly from the vehicle.
NOTEBefore disassembling starter motor, be sure to put match marks at two locations (A and B) as shown in the figure so that any possible mistake can be avoided. Do not clamp yoke (3) in a vise or strike it with a hammer during repair operations.
- Disconnect wire (switch to motor) from magnetic switch (solenoid) (1) terminal.
Remove magnetic switch assembly by first removing the two mounting screws.
NOTEDon-t disassemble this switch. If defective, replace as a complete assembly.
- Install magnetic switch assembly (1) onto starter motor and tighten the two mounting screws.
- Connect wire (switch to motor) to switch terminal.
- Install the starter motor assembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable.