Check to make sure that engine coolant temperature is cold before removing any part of cooling system.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system and tighten the drain plug.
- Disconnect radiator hose from thermostat cap (thermostat housing).
- Remove thermostat cap.
- Remove thermostat.
- When installing the thermostat, be sure to position it so that air bleed valve comes uppermost and into the recession of thermostat case.
- Install thermostat cap. When installing cap, align arrow marks on cap and case.
- Connect radiator hose to thermostat cap.
- Fill cooling system.
- Connect negative cable.
- After installation, check each part for leakage.