When performing service on or around the air bag system components or wiring, disable the air bag system. Failure to follow the procedures could result in possible deployment, personal injury or unneeded system repairs.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position and remove the key.
- Connect the yellow connector for the passenger side air bag (inflator) module and the yellow connector for the driver's side air bag (inflator) module.
- Install the glove box assembly.
- Install the passenger side air bag module and tighten the mounting bolts to 97 inch lbs. (11 Nm).
- Install the steering wheel air bag module and tighten the mounting bolts to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Install the AIR BAG-F1 fuse into the instrument panel fuse block.
- Turn the ignition ON and verify that the AIR BAG indicator lamp flashes 7 times, then turns off. If the system does not operate as described, diagnosis and repairs to the air bag system are necessary.