When performing service on or around the air bag system components or wiring, disable the air bag system. Failure to follow the procedures could result in possible deployment, personal injury or unneeded system repairs.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the steering wheel so the wheels are pointing straight ahead.
- Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position and remove the key.
- Remove the AIR BAG-F1 fuse from the instrument panel (I/P) fuse block located at the end of the instrument panel on the driver side.
- Wait more than 1 minute for SIR capacitor to discharge.
- Remove the mounting bolts, steering wheel air bag module and disconnect the yellow connector for the driver's side air bag (inflator) module from behind the module.
Remove the glove box. Disconnect the yellow connector for the passenger air bag (inflator) module.