Hydraulic System Bleeding
Bleed the hydraulic system to remove the air which entered when the pipes were disconnected for repairs. The clutch/brake fluid in the clutch/brake reservoir must be maintained at the Minimum level or higher during air bleeding.
- Step 1: Attach a vinyl hose to the bleeder plug. Place the other end of the vinyl tube in a glass container half-filled with brake fluid.
- Step 2: Slowly pump the clutch pedal several times.
- Step 3: While you press the clutch pedal, loosen the bleeder screw until the fluid starts to run out. Close the bleeder screw.
- Step 4: Repeat Step 3 until there are no air bubbles in the fluid.
- Step 5: Fill the reservoir with brake fluid up to the proper level.