Removal & Installation
- Separate the hood release cable from the hood latch release handle.
- Carefully remove the instrument panel under cover by pulling until the retaining clips are free from the slots in the instrument panel.
Remove the knee bolster.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the cruise control actuator.
- Remove the cruise control actuator mounting bolts
- Press the release button on the cable adjuster and push the cable toward the adjuster until the spring is compressed.
- Tilt the cable housing and insert a flat-blade screwdriver into one of the slots in the actuator.
Tilt the cable housing toward the screwdriver. The cable housing retainers will release.
- Pull the guide sleeve and the cable out of the actuator and turn the cable 90 degrees to the axis of the guide sleeve.
- Remove the actuator from the cable.
- Insert the cable ball into the actuator cable sleeve.
- Push the cable housing and the sleeve into the actuator until the retainers lock the cable housing in place.
- Install the cruise control actuator mounting bolts.
- Tighten the cruise control actuator mounting bolts to 53 inch. lbs. (6 Nm)
- Press the cable adjuster button and adjust the cable so that the cable ball nipple is 0.5 mm 0.02 inch. from the bushing on the accelerator assembly.
- Connect the electrical connector to the cruise control actuator.
- Install the knee bolster.
- Align the instrument panel under cover and press the retaining clips into the slots in the instrument panel.
- Install the hood release handle.