Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the engine oil.
- Remove the timing belt.
- Remove the oil pump.
Remove the front crankshaft seal from the oil pump housing using a suitable prying tool.
CAUTIONBe careful not to damage the oil pump sealing surface when removing or installing the seal.
- Install the oil pump.
- Install a new oil pump-to-crankshaft seal. Coat the lip of the seal with a thin coat of grease. Use an oil seal guide tool.
- Install the timing belt.
- Refill engine with engine oil.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check the engine oil pressure.
- Check that no leaks are present.