Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the fuel pump fuse.
- Start the engine. After it stalls, crank the engine for 10 seconds to rid the fuel system of fuel pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the engine coolant.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Charcoal Canister Purge (CCP) and Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) solenoid from the intake manifold
Clean the sealing surfaces of the intake manifold and the cylinder head.
Install or connect the following:
New intake manifold gasket
- Check to ensure that all removed parts are back in place.
- Refill the cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for fuel and cooling system leaks.