- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the pressure from the fuel system.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the rear seat cushion from the floor by lifting it off of the retaining brackets and sliding it forward.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Fuel pump access cover
Remove the fuel sender unit from the fuel pump housing as follows:
- Disconnect the insulator connector.
- Push the terminal wedge in the insulator connector.
- Push the wedge outside and then pull the wires to disconnect from insulator.
- Remove the fuel-level sensor from the sender housing.
- Remove the sender housing.
- Remove the fuel sender assembly.
Install the fuel sender unit onto the fuel pump housing as follows:
- Wind the wires on the sender assembly.
- Install the sender assembly to the fuel pump assembly.
- Install the fuel level sensor onto sender housing.
- Connect the wire into the insulator connector.
- Connect the insulator connector.
- Clean the gasket mating surface on the fuel tank.
Install or connect the following:
New fuel pump mounting gasket
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Perform operational check of the fuel pump.
- Install the rear seat cushion by inserting the metal loops into the rear retaining brackets and pressing the front of the seat cushion down.