Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the pressure from the fuel system.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the rear seat cushion from the floor by lifting it off of the retaining brackets and sliding it forward.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Fuel pump access cover
Remove the fuel sender unit from the fuel pump housing as follows:
- Disconnect the insulator connector.
- Push the terminal wedge in the insulator connector.
- Push the wedge outside and then pull the wires to disconnect from insulator.
- Remove the fuel-level sensor from the sender housing.
- Remove the sender housing.
- Remove the fuel sender assembly.
The components of the fuel sender unit must be installed in the same position as removed or it will perform inaccurately.
Install the fuel sender unit onto the fuel pump housing as follows:
- Wind the wires on the sender assembly.
- Install the sender assembly to the fuel pump assembly.
- Install the fuel level sensor onto sender housing.
- Connect the wire into the insulator connector.
- Connect the insulator connector.
- Clean the gasket mating surface on the fuel tank.
Install or connect the following:
New fuel pump mounting gasket
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Perform operational check of the fuel pump.
- Install the rear seat cushion by inserting the metal loops into the rear retaining brackets and pressing the front of the seat cushion down.