Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the nut which secures the starter ground wire to the lower mounting stud and remove the ground wire.
- Remove the starter-to-engine block mounting bolt and the starter-to-transaxle mounting bolt.
- Remove the starter solenoid nuts to disconnect the electrical cable.
- Remove the starter assembly.
- Place the starter assembly in position using an assistant to prop up the starter to aid in screwing in the upper stud with the weld nut.
- Install the starter mounting bolts and tighten to 15 ft. lbs. (21 Nm).
- Position the starter electrical wire on the solenoid terminals and the ground wire on the lower stud.
- Install the starter solenoid nuts and the ground wire nut. Tighten the starter solenoid terminal-to-battery cable terminal nut to 106 inch lbs. (12 Nm), and the starter solenoid terminal-to-ignition solenoid terminal nut to 53 inch lbs. (6 Nm). Tighten the starter lower mounting stud ground wire nut to 106 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.