REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Use a Tech 1® scan tool to perform the gear tension relief sequence.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the brake fluid from the fluid reservoir, master cylinder and ABS actuator assembly.
- Detach the ABS brake solenoid valve electrical connectors.
- Unplug the brake pressure differential warning switch electrical connector.
- Detach the 6-way ABS brake motor pack electrical connector.
- Wrap a shop towel around the hydraulic brake lines and disconnect the 5 brake lines (2 to master cylinder and 3 to wheel brakes) from the modulator. Do not let fluid to enter the bottom of the motor pack or electrical connectors.
Cap the disconnected lines to prevent the loss of fluid and the entry of moisture and contaminants.
- Remove the clamps from the brake pipes.
- Unfasten the ABS hydraulic modulator/motor pack assembly retaining bolts, then remove the ABS hydraulic modulator/motor pack assembly from the vehicle.
- Position the ABS hydraulic modulator/motor pack assembly in the vehicle. Install the attaching bolt and tighten to 88 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Uncap and connect the 5 brake pipes to the modulator assembly, then tighten the brake line fittings to 142 inch lbs. (16 Nm).
- Attach the 6-way ABS brake motor pack electrical connector.
- Plug in the brake pressure differential warning switch electrical connector.
- Attach the 2 ABS brake solenoid valve electrical connectors.
- Fill the master cylinder with new DOT 3 brake fluid.
- Properly bleed the brake system.
- Tighten the two brake combination valve tube nuts to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm) and the 3 hydraulic modulator tube nuts to 24 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.